Have you been looking for a solid high-quality wooden Swing that will last?
A unique handmade wooden Plane Swing is made with love in Australia from high quality timbers. This swing is designed so that children can swing themselves to whatever height they desire, whether they want to take it to the moon and back, or just enjoy a slow plane ride, they fly it! This outdoor swing will provide years of fun for toddlers through to the older childhood (10 years). It is as simple as pulling the wing and pushing their feet on the foot rest to have a smooth flying experience.
All the ropes and easy to secure toggles are included with the swing so it can be easily and safely hung.
A pot of wax will be included in your package at no extra charge. The wax will have the plane withstand outdoor weather conditions. However, we don’t recommend applying it if you are going to paint, stain, or vanish the plane later on, these should be applied over the raw timber surface.
- Handmade to order from solid timber, either Ironbark, Blackbutt or Pine timber;
- Unique and fun plane design;
- Perfect Christmas or Birthday gift for kids that will last years;
- Designed and Made in Australia.
Please note that a custom-made timber item has unique features and markings.
- Wingspan: 60cm
- Plane length: 74cm
- Leg Length: 56cm
- Toddler to 10 years
Solid timber, either:
- Ironbark, or
- Pine Timber.
Custom materials also available via inquiry.
- 1 x Plane wing.
- 1 x Plane body.
- 1 x Threaded rod.
- 2 x Cap nuts.
- 2 x Washers.
- 2 x Ropes with steel clips and wooden toggles (to attach to beam/tree).
- 2 x Ropes (already secured to plane swing).
- 1 x Hanging instructions (so it can be easily and safely hung).
- 1 x Jar of wax (to help the timber withstand outdoor weather conditions).
To assemble plane swing:
- Place wing over nose of plane body and place threaded rod through the wing legs and plane body.
- Place 1 washer on each end of threaded rod and firmly secure both ends of threaded rod with cap screws.
HOW TO ATTACH SWING TO A TREE
Follow these tips to help maximise safety and enjoyment of your swing:
- Step 1...
- Step 2...
To ensure your outdoor swing is long lasting and safe, please:
- Wax the plane as you would any other wooden outdoor furniture or flooring (3 times per year);
- Check ropes and knots for wear and tear (each use);
- Check the screw between plane body and wing is tight (each use).